Entries by testusername

Who qualifies for the I-601A provisional waiver?

The provisional unlawful presence waiver is better known as the I-601A provisional waiver. The people who need this forgiveness are those who accumulated illegal presence in the following way: If you arrived in the United States without documents and have stayed here for more than 6 months. If you arrived in the United States on […]

Refugee Travel Document (Form I-131)

What is a Refugee Travel Document (Form I-131)? A Refugee Travel Document is official travel documentation, similar to a passport, issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to refugees or asylees. It allows them to travel abroad and return to the United States. Green card holders who obtained permanent residency as a […]

Form I-601A: Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

Form I-601A, known as the Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, is a program implemented on March 3, 2013, designed for foreign individuals currently living in the United States who are statutorily eligible to obtain an immigrant visa but cannot apply for adjustment of status due to periods of unlawful presence. This program aims to reduce the […]

Differences Between Permanent Resident Status and Citizenship

Legal permanent residents (green card holders) have many rights and privileges, such as living and working indefinitely in the United States. However, there are several limitations that come with permanent resident status that U.S. citizens do not have. It’s important for all green card holders to be aware of these differences, how they affect their […]

Ways You Can Lose Your Permanent Resident Status

Permanent resident status is granted to individuals who intend to live in the United States long-term and eventually apply for citizenship. As a permanent resident, also known as a green card holder, you have the privilege of living and working in the United States permanently, but there are ways to lose this status. Permanent residence […]

Work Permit (I-765) – Employment Authorization Document

Entering with a valid visa doesn’t automatically grant the right to work in the United States. Based on your visa type, you must apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) for legal work in the U.S. This process begins by submitting Form I-765 to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”). Those with a […]